Have you found yourself struggling to notice the positive things in your life these days? Are you feeling overwhelmed with all the noise, negativity, and distraction in today’s crazy world?
If that sounds like you, a gratitude journal with prompts may be exactly what could help transform your mind from feeling blue to feeling blessed.
Join me as we explore the ways a gratitude journal with prompts can help us in our daily lives. At the end, I’ll share my top 5 current favorites that I think each of you will love.
If you are only interested in our top 5 gratitude journal with prompts favorites, please scroll down to the end of this post or use the “quick navigation” menu below. 🙂
Need more gratitude in your life? These 5 gratitude journals with prompts can help! #gratitude #thankful #attitudeofgratitude #mindset #healthyliving #wellnessTweet
How a gratitude journal with prompts can change your mind
If we are being honest with ourselves, sometimes we simply need encouragement to think on the bright side of life, right?
I don’t know about you, but I’ll be fully transparent and admit that my ‘stinkin’ thinking’ takes over far more often than I’d like. My attention goes too easily to what I can’t do, don’t have, or think is impossible to accomplish. (sigh)
Can you relate?
As I often like to say here at Wholeness Haven, you’re not alone! It helps to know that how we feel is also being experienced by others.
You are not defective because you are experiencing feelings of discouragement, discontent, self-doubt, or unhappiness.
When we face less than ideal circumstances we can’t change, it helps to shift our focus onto what we can change!
With dedication, we begin to take back our power over darkness, and the joy of a positive, grateful heart begins to resurface.
It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same momentNaomi Williams
Few truer words have ever been spoken than these by Deepak Chopra, “What you give your attention to, grows.”
When we are stressed out, overwhelmed, and confused, we don’t think clearly. A simple shift in our focus toward gratitude can literally change the perspective we see through.
An attitude of gratitude places us in the right frame of mind to see challenges as opportunities for growth instead of sending us into a spiral of depression, anxiety, worry, and confusion.
Problems that seem overwhelming suddenly appear much smaller when our perspective shifts from what is wrong to what is right.
This is the biggest reason I believe a gratitude journal with prompts can help us get un-stuck in those moments of life where we’re just not seeing through a very positive or helpful lens.
The prompts help us find reasons to be grateful, when quite frankly, we have a hard time thinking of anything good!
We’ve all been there!
We can stop giving our full focus to what brings us down; instead, we can allow ourselves to acknowledge the bad, but begin to really celebrate and elevate the great!
No one is expected to be sunshine and roses all of the time. We don’t need to deny difficult emotions or situations. That is dangerous! Perspective is the key.
We are demolishing arguments and ideas, every high-and-mighty philosophy that pits itself against the knowledge of the one true God. We are taking prisoners of every thought, every emotion, and subduing them into obedience to the Anointed One.2 Corinthians 10:5 (The Voice)
Like you, I need that extra little push some days to take my thoughts captive and focus on the goodness of God over the difficulty of unruly emotions or negative thought patterns.
It may feel a little challenging at first but it takes very little time investment to see the positive effects begin to bloom in your life.
Find what works for you! We are all different and that’s a good thing. You may enjoy journaling multiple times a day. Others do best with once per week, or maybe only when inspired. There is no right or wrong way to feel grateful and document it!
Heck, I’m grateful for that!
Gratitude invites goodness into your life. #gratitude #attitudeofgratitude #journaling #healthylifestyleTweet
Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.Phillipians 4:8-9 (MSG)
Are there any health benefits to gratitude journaling?
I have a confession to make. While I knew all along that having a healthy mindset was critical to actually enjoying an abundant life, I didn’t realize the positive physical and mental effects were so unbelievable.
Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundanceEckhart Tolle
As I was doing research for this blog post, I came across some stunning studies on gratitude journaling and why it can literally change your life!
Here are just a few proven benefits of gratitude:
- Less aches and pains (likely due to lower rates of depression)
- More likely to exercise regularly and look after physical health
- Reduction in toxic emotions such as envy, regret, frustration, or bitterness
- Increases empathy and likelihood of showing kindness to others
- Improved sleep (which means improved mood!)
- Less likely to compare yourself to others or suffer from low self-esteem
- Greatly reduces stress and aids in the healing of trauma or PTSD
- Decreases materialism and increases contentment
- Encourages healthy eating habits
- ….and lowers your risk of heart disease!
Isn’t that list amazing?!? What’s even more amazing is that I could have easily continued the list! I had no idea that choosing gratitude could help bring so many meaningful benefits into our lives. What about you?
Now that we know all the proven benefits of adding a gratitude journal with prompts into our lives, I’d like to share with you my personal favorites so that we can start enjoying the beauty of gratitude together!
If you already have a personal favorite – will you share with me which one it is in the comments? I’d love to hear!
Some of these are affiliate links. If you purchase through my links, it costs you nothing extra but I may earn a small commission. Your support means the world to me and lets me know you appreciate the content I write for Wholeness Haven. Thank you! ♥
My Top 5 Gratitude Journals with Helpful Prompts
Since each of us are different and feel gratefulness in different ways, my hope is to offer a gratitude journal with prompts that will speak to your own heart!
# 1 – Christian Gratitude Journal for Women: Give Thanks to the Lord
If you are a Christian woman seeking to deepen your relationship with the Lord through gratitude journaling, you will probably love this choice.
Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love it and why it’s one of my favorites:
- There is a focus Scripture for each week to help ground you in thinking God-thoughts
- Each day prompts you to write 3 things you are grateful for to start (or end) your day well
- No ‘fluff.’ Just thoughtfully written words.
- At only 6×9″ in size, you can conveniently take it with you!
- Section available to share your heart with prayer requests or written prayer.
# 2 – The 5-Minute Gratitude Journal: Give Thanks, Practice Positivity, Find Joy
Developed by Dr. Sophia Godkin, a Psychologist, health and happiness coach. She is a self-described “gratitude believer” and believes you will be too after these short 5-minute journaling exercises.
Here are a few reasons you’d enjoy this journal:
- If you prefer to only journal for short periods of time, this choice will work for you! She has used quick exercises for maximum benefit.
- Many of the prompts are a lot of fun and really get your mind thinking those feel-good grateful thoughts
- These prompts make you dig deeper than your average gratitude journal prompts. You will discover more about how you think.
# 3 – Daily Gratitude Journal for Women: 90 Day Gratitude Journal with Prompts for Women
I really like this particular gratitude journal because of its unique features. If you need to be encouraged or inspired, this might be a great choice for you. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a 90 day journal.
Here’s why I think you’d love it:
- This gratitude journal features a helpful introduction to get the most out of your journaling experience. It also lists tons of ideas for what you can be thankful for! This helps a lot when you feel stuck in life!
- 91 Motivational & Inspirational quotes to really get you thinking!
- A weekly reflection of each day in your journal. This really helps keep our perspectives on life in a healthy lane!
# 4 – Encouraging Scriptures Gratitude Journal for Men of Faith
Are you a man of faith or have a man of faith in your life? I encourage you to consider this gratitude journal with prompts designed to help men walk closer with the Lord.
I love journals for men because I think we need to encourage our guys to feel free to open up and express what they think or feel. Men have feelings just like the rest of us and should be able to show it!
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Each day has a Scripture passage to meditate on
- Spaces for personal prayers and what you’re grateful for
- This is a very simple, straightforward journal
# 5 – Grateful Together: A Gratitude Journal for Kids and Their Parents
I absolutely love this gratitude journal for kids and their parents! One of my passions are seeing parents who love their kids well, and kids who can admire who their parents are. This sweet journal opens up the lines of communication so you can understand one another better.
Best of all, you can learn to be more grateful together!
(Best for ages 10 and under)
Here’s why you will absolutely love this choice:
- This journal helps the communication between parent and child through creative writing prompts and thoughts
- Encourages creativity with room to doodle little art projects or other creative inspiration. 🙂
- Can be shared with kids you mentor, grandkids, nieces, nephews, or any child you’d like to grow closer to
- Guaranteed to build great memories!
Gratitude journaling really can change a life!
Have you experienced the power of gratitude in your own life?
Do you have a favorite gratitude journal?
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments below!
Before we go though, I need you to know one very important thing:
I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU!
Thank you for being here, reading this post, and sharing it with your social media friends & family. I appreciate you!
All My Love,